NI Kontakt 4+
This 2.7 GB sample library was created with a beautiful 10 course gut strung lute. The lute has an immense repertoire composed for it starting from the early 1500s through the end of the Baroque period. Our first sampling of the Lute was many years ago in our Early Music volume from the Best Of Bolder collection - this Kontakt library is far more extensive and features a different Lute.
Even if you are not an early music buff we are certain that the warm organic sound of this instrument will be a lovely addition to your sample library collection.
Download the detailed pdf manual at the bottom of this page for more information on this library.
Features of the Pure Lute Sample Library
- 3x independent round-robin per key, for each of the 10 courses of the Lute. The 1st course was sampled chromatically through the 12th fret - 2nd course through the 10th fret - the 3rd and 4th course through the 9th fret and the 5th and 6th courses were sample chromatically through the 8th fret.
- 5 different pluck positions that can be selected, either via Key Switches or via velocity.
- A very advanced scripted Pitch Bend and Vibrato control.
- Detailed Articulation control to emulate slurs (hammer-ons and pull-offs).
- Sampled Ornaments – 4 options, 2 types in both half and whole steps.
- Detailed KSP scripted control of Fretting Position on the neck of the lute, including an Auto Fret Selection feature.
- A Key Switch Page where you can freely assign which key will trigger the various Key Switches.
- A dedicated Instrument with sampled major and minor chords, both as Block chords and Roll chords.
- 8 different effects - each with its own Preset menu, so you can save and recall all the various parameters.
- And much more!
The full uncompressed size of this library is 2.7 GB. It has been Kontakt compressed (.ncw) down to 1.3 GB for convenience of downloading and rapid loading into Kontakt.
This library requires NI KONTAKT version 4.2.4 or higher, and has been tested for compatibility in KONTAKT 5. This library is NOT compatible with the KONTAKT 4 or 5 sample PLAYER, only the full retail KONTAKT SAMPLER. It will only run in demo mode for 15 minutes on the KONTAKT PLAYER.